[mythtv] ATSC question

Tim blooflame at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 18:44:59 UTC 2010

I'm new to the list, considering MythTV, but technologically up on things
enough to ask a technical question before starting.

ATSC standards have a section for 'Content Identifiers'.  I am curious as to
whether that kind of information gets passed through a tuner card to the
software, and whether software like MythTV uses it.  I have so far been
unable to determine if the data is actually included in information from
content providers; if anyone knows please post.

Thanks