[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r23428 by skamithi

Robert Pfeifer rpfeifer.public at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:32:01 UTC 2010

Daniel wrote:
> mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>> > Author: skamithi
>> >         Date: 2010-02-01 17:30:32 +0000 (Mon, 01 Feb 2010)
>> > New Revision: 23428
>> >    Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23428
>> >
>> > Modified:
>> >
>> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
>> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/vsync.cpp
>> >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/vsync.h
>> >
>> > Log:
>> >
>> > Refs #7067 patch from davin mccall. resolves av sync issues when watching certain dvds. simplified the interface between vsync and NuppelVideoPlayer. The videosync/vsync object now has no knowledge of the video framerate and instead gets the frame rate for each frame as part of the WaitForFrame call. tested it on various recorded shows, avis and dvds. no problem yet. applying to trunk to expand test audience.
>
> Stanley, I can't speak to how good or bad this solution is as I haven't
> reviewed it, but I don't think it is a good idea to apply an A/V sync
> or V-Sync patch this late in the release cycle.

Does this mean #7067 is not going to be resolved in 0.23? I would be
very sorry to see this - I experienced this bug as a regression on
upgrading from 0.21 to 0.22 in Ubuntu Karmic Koala, and it renders
almost all my home recordings unwatchable in MythTV as I have always
favoured burning them without menus.

Although I have so far stuck to the release version (and programmed a
key on my remote to launch fullscreen mplayer DVD playback via irexec as
a workaround), I would be willing to move to an svn release if having
more testers would help get this into the 0.23 release.

I don't have the experience in C++ coding to take a more active role in
development, but if there's anything else I can do to help with this
heinous bug...

Regards,
Rob