[mythtv] how will mythvideo support SG on windows

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Aug 30 16:04:20 UTC 2010

  On 8/30/2010 11:50, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> On 30/08/2010 16:24, Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> either will do me for testing purposes
>>> but i suppose for long term use i would need SG (now that .iso files
>>> are supported)
>>
>> Are you intending to run a backend on a Windows machine to provide
>> access to videos stored there, or do you just want to run a frontend on
>> Windows?
>
> i was just planning to run a frontend on windows with my videos on my
> linux backends. but i got a new machine at work and it seems like a
> good test case to build head on it. not having a tuner to play with i
> decided to try mythvideo and that is when i started to run into this
> ":" issue. not a long term problem for me, but when i see issues that
> might cause other people problems - i do try to highlight them (either
> on this list) or in trac.
>
> am i correct in thinking that with the merger of mythvideo into
> mythtv, SG will become the only way to get at video files?

With the inclusion of ISO playback support in storage groups, SG will
become the primary method of video storage.  Local file access will
likely remain in some form, but altered to better suit transient
removable storage.

The issue with the colon is specific to local file access, and if you
switch to storage groups, it should work fine on Windows.