[mythtv] how will mythvideo support SG on windows

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Mon Aug 30 15:50:34 UTC 2010

On 30/08/2010 16:24, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 8/30/2010 11:19, Simon Kenyon wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you referring to the old style directories, pre-SG? Storage groups
>>> each have their own entry in the database. The old format was a colon
>>> separated list of directories.
>>
>> either will do me for testing purposes
>> but i suppose for long term use i would need SG (now that .iso files
>> are supported)
>
> Are you intending to run a backend on a Windows machine to provide
> access to videos stored there, or do you just want to run a frontend on
> Windows?

i was just planning to run a frontend on windows with my videos on my
linux backends. but i got a new machine at work and it seems like a good
test case to build head on it. not having a tuner to play with i decided
to try mythvideo and that is when i started to run into this ":" issue.
not a long term problem for me, but when i see issues that might cause
other people problems - i do try to highlight them (either on this list)
or in trac.

am i correct in thinking that with the merger of mythvideo into mythtv,
SG will become the only way to get at video files?
--
simon