[mythtv] Audio Sync (Lipsync)

Andreas Fey com at andreas-fey.com
Tue Jun 16 06:32:22 UTC 2009

Ian Barton schrieb:

>> Another question: Because I am running a mythtv version from the
>> Ubuntu packages on my productive system, is it possible to check out
>> the equal mythtv version vom SVN, apply the patch, compile the libs
>> and swap the original libs (from apt) with the new ones (from
>> compilation)? How can I get aware of the libs which are affected by my
>> changes?
>>
> Here's one way to do it. Get the ubuntu package source:
>
> sudo apt-get source mythtv
>
> Install git:
>
> sudo apt-get git-core
>
> Import the ubuntu source into a git repository (note you can also pull
> into a git repo directly from svn repo if you wanted to).
>
> cd /ubuntu-myth-source
>
> Create an empty repo:
> git init
>
> Add the source files and commit them:
> git add *
> git commit -a -m "Imported source."
>
> Create a local branch to make your changes:
>
> git checkout mybranch origin/master
>
> Make your changes to file foo.cpp
>
> git add foo.cpp
> git commit -m "My local changes."
>
> Build the ubuntu debs (sorry can't remember the exact command for this)
> and install them.
>
> When the upstream source code changes:
>
> git pull
>
> Now when git fetches upstream changes to the source your local commits
> will be rewound and replayed on top of origin/master, which is the
> definitive upstream version of the code.
>
> Carry on working on your local branch and rebuild the debs.
>
> If the git pull merge fails with a conflict:
>
> 1. Edit the code to fix the problem
> 2. git add the file to mark the conflict resolved.
> 3. git rebase --continue
> 4. repeat 2 and 4 if required until the merge completes.
>
> This allows you to play with your own changes and keep up to date with
> the upstream source. When you are happy with your changes, you can
> create a patch and submit it back.
>
> Ian.

Thanks Ian,

I tried that way with SVN; checked out the revision number which is used
by the Ubuntu packages, applied my patch, compiled and swapped the
libmyth**.so file from Ubuntu with the newly compiled one; at a first
glance, everything worked really nice, but  mythtv had many crashes
during navigation in the recordings menu. Thus, I think I missed some
patches or changes in the source codem, which are applied to the sources
which Ubuntu uses. Has anybody a hint how to get things working?

Best,

Andreas