[mythtv] Fw: Hello (and help)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:46:06 UTC 2009

On 24/04/2009, Bryan Wilkerson <bryanwilkerson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had hoped to get up to speed and lurk for a bit since I think these few
> issues are already fixed.  Unfortunately I've hit a snag compiling from SVN.
>   None of the menus have any text in the newly compiled svn checkout.  The
> display is kinda AFU.  No text and scaling too large.   I didn't see the
> familiar "rescaling theme..." message.  Sorry no screen shot - wouldn't
> capture anything but the background.

Queries about using MythTV and getting it to work belong on the -users
list, so please follow this message up there. The -dev list is purely
to discuss development of MythTV.

That said, missing menu text can be due to missing fonts required for
a theme to display properly, or due to a bad OpenGL installation if
you have chosen to use OpenGL instead of Qt for display. Can you rule
both of these out?

Cheers, and see you on -users,
Nick

--