[mythtv] Fw: Hello (and help)

Bryan Wilkerson bryanwilkerson at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 18:53:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

My name really is Bryan Wilkerson and I'd like to help
with development of MythTv.   I have quite a few years of C/C++ development experience, including some multimedia stuff and some Qt work and some down to the metal, would you like a driver with that, experience.

I'm in the process of finishing the long tedious
build out of my personal MythTV box - MSI Media Live system +  Mythbuntu (latest and greatest).   I'm
down to a few issues with that project that seem to be only answerable by
building the svn tree - internal player not stopping gnome screen saver;  make the guide goaway after sitting idle a while to avoid burn in; and automatically add new videos into myth library from bittorrent completed.    I also have a few ideas for plugins.

I had hoped to get up to speed and lurk for a bit since I think these few issues are already fixed.  Unfortunately I've hit a snag compiling from SVN.   None of the menus have any text in the newly compiled svn checkout.  The display is kinda AFU.  No text and scaling too large.   I didn't see the familiar "rescaling theme..." message.  Sorry no screen shot - wouldn't capture anything but the background.

My machine is a Mythbuntu distribution.  I removed all of the mythtv components installed by Mythbuntu and compiled and checkinstall'd the mythtv, mythplugins, myththemes and themes directories from 20445.  What did I miss?

Thanks for the help,  I hope to return it,

~b