[mythtv] win32 build error with -b option

David Cramblett david at functionalchaos.net
Sun Oct 19 22:49:54 UTC 2008

Getting error when building win32 version with -b option to automatic
build script.

I originally ran the script with no options, building the newest version
from svn. This was successful, but not compatible with my 0.21-fixes
production back end.

After receiving a tip on the users list, I ran the build script with the
-b option to build 0.21-fixes version.  I received the error below.

I deleted the c:\mythtv directory and started from scratch , got same error:

   invalid file name provided for testing: (C:/mythtv/mythtv/svn_info.txt)
shell:C:\MSys\1.0\bin\bash.exe -c "( export
PATH=/bin:/mingw/bin:$PATH;source /C
/mythtv/make_clean.sh;touch /C/mythtv/mythtv/last_build.txt;cat
/C/mythtv/mythtv
/svn_info.new >/C/mythtv/mythtv/svn_info.txt;touch -r
/C/mythtv/mythtv/svn_info.
txt /C/mythtv/mythtv/svn_info.new;sleep 5) 2>&1 "
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
rm: cannot lstat `Makefile': No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
rm: cannot lstat `Makefile': No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
rm: cannot lstat `Makefile': No such file or directory
rm: missing operand
Try `rm --help' for more information.
rm: missing operand
Try `rm --help' for more information.