[mythtv] Distributing an Updated Version of te Python Bindings

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Thu Nov 27 10:39:21 UTC 2008

I want to release a couple of utilities that rely on additions that I
have made to the Python bindings. I have already submitted these
additions as a patch, but they are not in 0.21-fixes.

So I need to include the new python bindings with my apps. What is the
approved Myth way of doing this? My changes are purely new methods added
to the existing bindings, so they shouldn't break any existing things
that rely onto the bindings.

I was planning on using distutils to create a package using the existing
Myth framework as found in bindings/python, so my new libs would
overwrite any existing ones when the user ran python setup.py install.

Ian.