[mythtv] Questions about updating to SVN trunk et al

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 02:21:20 UTC 2008

I've been running changeset 16579 for a long time and it has been very, very
stable for me. Unfortunately with my move to Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 DVD audio
track playback broke. This got fixed in changeset 16660 so no problem, I
updated to that. Unfortunately button presses (whether from LIRC or the
keyboard) are broken (sometimes Myth stops responding for a minute or two)
from 16660 to 16789. 16790 of course is the magic changeset beyond which QT4
is required. I've been thinking of taking the plunge into the wild frontier
beyond 16790 in order to get the button problem resolved. Which brings me to
my point and a couple of questions:

1. Any huge issues going past changeset 16790? Are there any major issues
with plugins, etc? I'm not talking about minor glitches, I know it's not
guaranteed stable, etc., etc., but any showstoppers?

2. I use the script below (compliments of the Monolith team) to move easily
and successfully to whatever changeset I like. Unfortunately this script
does not work past 16790. I suspect certain things need to change in the
makefiles or something to get QT4 picked up (I do have it installed). What
do I need to do to make the script below work for the QT4 dependency?

3. Instead of moving forward, would I be better off moving back to
0.21-fixes and if so, how do I modify the script below to accomplish that?

Thanks,

Scott

REVISION=16468
cd ~oem/mythtv
sudo make distclean
sudo svn update --revision $REVISION
cd mythplugins
sudo make distclean
sudo svn update --revision $REVISION
cd ../myththemes
sudo make distclean
sudo svn update --revision $REVISION
cd ..
sudo make distclean
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb
sudo make
sudo make install
cd mythplugins
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-proc-opt --enable-aac
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo rm -rf /var/www/mythweb
sudo cp -r mythweb /var/www/
sudo ln -s /var/www/mythweb/mythweb.php /var/www/mythweb/index.php
sudo chmod 777 -R /var/www/mythweb/
cd ../myththemes
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr
sudo make