[mythtv] imdb replacement? themoviedb.org

Bill Stewart wstewart at hgrace.com
Thu Nov 13 00:53:53 UTC 2008

Anduin,

Thanks for the feedback.  I assumed that imdb would be gone for 0.22.  My script is written to fall back on imdb, but it is quite easily removed.   I really like that themoviedb.org has a real API and that this should avoid having to update the script as frequently has to be done for the imdb one.

I'll ask Travis Bell at themoviedb.org your questions.  But based on what I have seen so far, there shouldn't be any issues for mythtv.  He said that they issue an api key per application.  If needed we can always make the key a parameter to script that the user has to set in the mythvideo settings.

I am curious of the imdbpy.py script, I thought it may hang around, so could you elaborate on complying with terms of use of this one?