[mythtv] organize development

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Sat Nov 8 23:41:13 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 08 November 2008 22:56:28 Erik Hovland wrote:
>>
>> > Whats your preferred way?
>>
>> Use git-svn to establish your tree
>
> or probably easier, just clone my git tree with
>
> git clone git://git.jannau.net/mythtv
>
> it contains trunk and and the release-0-21-fixes branch.
>
>> and then use StGit to manage your patches w/in that tree. For example:
>
> I use topgit

I can see why. It is designed to fit into your workflow. Especially with two
separate trees (ffmpeg and MythTV).

Since I do not have svn write access in MythTV and everything I
do goes to a trac ticket - StGit works well for me. But YMMV.

BTW, I highly recommend using Janne's git clone of svn over creating
your own git with git svn. It will be much easier to track history. I would
have used it if I had known about it before Janne just posted it.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/