[mythtv] MythUI Screenshots - "Watch Recordings"

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 07:58:39 UTC 2008

On 02/11/2008, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 11/02/2008 02:10 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>
> > On 31/10/2008, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>  >
>  >>  Next up, something a little different -
>  >>  http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythui_watchrecordings12.png
>  >>  http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythui_watchrecordings13.png
>
> > Overall, nice and clean looking. Will the category tabs be
>  > key-bindable (i.e. something like NEXT_CAT and PREV_CAT)?
>

> They're just the same "left-hand side list" (title list) that's on the
>  existing Watch Recordings screen, but are above instead of left of the
>  recordings.  That means that:
>      a) you can select "Show Titles", "Show Categories", "Show
>  Recordings Groups" (what I think Stuart had selected for the shots),
>  "Show Watch List", and/or "Show Searches"; and
>      b) you can use the same PgUp/PgDown that you can use now when in
>  the list of recordings (not in the title list) to go Up/Down the title list.
>
>  In addition, I'm pretty sure Stuart currently has Left/Right working for
>  scrolling the title list.

When a user has arrow key accelerators enabled (in the LHS/RHS list
version of the screen), pressing LEFT on a selected recording will
enter the category/title list, whilst pressing RIGHT will bring up the
playback/options popup.

With the new vertical arrangement, I was wondering how this would be
handled. Pressing LEFT on a recording doesn't seem the most natural
keystroke to get to a list above the list of recordings, as most other
accelerator-enabled interfaces will escape back to the previous
menu/screen when LEFT is pressed on certain elements.

Will there be a TAB-like keybinding to switch between the two horizontal lists?

Will pressing DOWN when in the category/title list select the
previously selected recording entry?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: