[mythtv] an idea from ruby on rails

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 28 00:56:43 UTC 2008

* On Sun Jan 27, 2008 at 08:21:54PM +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > their 3TB of recordings into a 200MB file).  And, in the event that the
> > user doesn't have a DB Backup storage group, the default storage group
> > will be used (meaning the DB backup before the schema upgrade from
>
> Isn't there a bit of a chicken n egg problem here?

Don't see one, it's not like the SG is needed to do the restore, that would
be a chicken and the egg problem.

> The database backup is stored in a storage group,
> the location of which is stored in the database.
> So when the database is hosed you look in the database
> to find the backup....

Hopefully the user will remember where they setup their DB Backups SG to
point to.  If they didn't use one, then they just have to look in their
recordings directories.  Hopefully they remember where those are.  I
assume (I know, don't assume) that any docs on this would mention where
to look in the event you need to do a restore.

--
Chris