[mythtv] uPnP media server live dvb streaming

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jan 4 03:12:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 6:39 PM, Alan Jones <skyphyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> My understanding was that the upnp server only works with existing
> recordings so far, is that correct?
>
> Thanks for the pointer - will start reading and see what it'll take
> for live tv streaming.

LiveTV is basically an in progress recording.  When I thought of this in
general a while back, it would make sense that the UPnP client would be
presented with a list of channels listing each program currently in the
guide.  Then when the program was requested, it would spin up the recorder
and start serving the file just as the frontend can watch an in-progress
recording.  I would assume that if you can currently stream an in-progress
recording by initiating it first from the frontend and then watching from
the PS3 that this method would work just fine.

Kevin