[mythtv] Backend AutoDiscovery

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Sep 18 00:54:53 UTC 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 07:25:03 Nigel Pearson wrote:
> 5) One of my clients seemed to not AutoDiscover any backend,
> but I have no idea why. Maybe need -v upnp in new code?

On 14/09/2007, at 7:48 PM, Stuart Morgan postulated:
> The autodiscovery uses multicast. I had a problem with a NIC driver
> where
> multicast was disabled by default.
>
> Try a multicast ping to see if it is a NIC driver issue.
> ping -c 2 224.0.0.1

Good thinking.

The ping got a response, but not from my backends.
Why? Because they are on a different router,
and not many networks allow any multicast traffic
out of their segments.

Thanks for the suggestion, Stu.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"I thought I said no shivs."
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |   "This? This is just a