[mythtv] $1,000 for car sync Plugin

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Sep 3 13:01:04 UTC 2007

Doug Moeller wrote:
> Hello all. I am in need of a Plugin to support the syncing of media
> files with a storage system that lives in a car.  The syncing part is
> easy enough for me,  but I just don't have any experience with MythTV to
> develop the content management part in a quick enough time frame.  So,
> I've been authorized to offer $1,000 to anybody who can do it within the
> next couple of weeks.   I saw a guy from Pluto do this so I hope that it
> is appropriate to make an offer like this.  Hopefully,  it's just a
> quick project for someone who's more intimate with MythTV.

You didn't get much interest so far...

Perhaps this could be implemented via the storage groups feature?
Perhaps the car could be set to only show a single storage group and the
main machines a different storage group - in that way it just becomes a
case of syncing the storage groups and copying between storage groups?

Just a thought?  Not really familiar with that part myself...

Good luck

Ed W