[mythtv] $1,000 for car sync Plugin

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Sep 4 14:23:10 UTC 2007

Doug Moeller wrote:
> Hello all. I am in need of a Plugin to support the syncing of media
> files with a storage system that lives in a car.  The syncing part is
> easy enough for me,  but I just don't have any experience with MythTV to
> develop the content management part in a quick enough time frame.  So,
> I've been authorized to offer $1,000 to anybody who can do it within the
> next couple of weeks.   I saw a guy from Pluto do this so I hope that it
> is appropriate to make an offer like this.  Hopefully,  it's just a
> quick project for someone who's more intimate with MythTV.

We've discussed this feature set a few times on IRC.

Essentially it comes down to implementing a frontend that
may be disconnected from the master backend.

There are a few things on the development roadmap that
really should be implemented before this can/should happen.

1. Move to embedded MySQL (at least for the frontend)
2. Backend autodiscovery (this is in progress)

Then the feature set you are after should be able to
be written relatively easily.

Stuart