[mythtv] revised greedy high motion deinterlacer

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Wed Nov 21 00:18:36 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, 20. November 2007 schrieb Tino Keitel:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 23:01:44 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 21:18:03 +0100, Markus Schulz wrote:
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > I have revised the greedyh deinterlacer after myth-vid merge to
> > > trunk. Now it was embedded without new menu items and works
> > > stable.
> > >
> > > You can find them here:
> > > http://www.tastatur-junkie.de/greedyh_svn14921.diff.gz
> > >
> > > Would be nice to hear some comments and if there was a chance to
> > > apply it to svn.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tested the patch with the current multirec branch. Works fine so
> > far. Smooth video and no visible quality decrease as with some
> > other deinterlacers. Thanks a lot.
>
> One minor "glitch": CPU usage has increased a lot. A PIII 1,1 GHz is
> way too slow for smooth PAL playback. I use the 2x version.

yes, its cpu intensive. The 2x version calculates at a rate of 50fps (50
deinterlaced frames per second) instead of 25fps of previous (non 2x
HW) deinterlacers. The non-2x version should be nearly equal to
kernel-deint in respect of cpu usage.

Furthermore on my system (nvidia 7900gs 169.04 driver) the opengl
videoout consumes _twice_ as cpu usage with kernel or greedyh deint
compared to xv-blit. This is curious to me, cause it should be similar
to xv-blit. Any ideas?

--
Markus Schulz