[mythtv] More (Newb) questions (proposals)

Bruce McKenzie brucem at dynamicrange.com
Tue Nov 13 08:15:54 UTC 2007

Well, I just submitted my first ticket (with patch). (He hates these
cans TOO!)

I noticed some minor discrepancies while browsing the code, and I am
wondering if Those Who Be would be receptive to patches addressing them:

1) some tabs in files

2) PlayList vs. (more common) Playlist, both in code and in messages

3) "rerecord" vs. "re-record" (capped and uncapped) in UI

4) files after running 'lupdate' shows many diffs from trunk, indicating
that translations are out of sync/missing

These are pretty minor, but cleaning them up will improve the quality.

I would be happy to submit patches for them if there's a chance that
they'll be used. No prob if not.

More: (I looked for answers; didn't see anything)

What's the process for "joining" the (dev) community, beyond subscribing
to the lists? I'm interested in learning more by addressing small things
first.

Thanks,

B.

Bruce J. McKenzie -- brucem at dynamicrange.com