[mythtv] Making the state of the frontend dependant on the

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Thu Jun 14 22:06:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:36:20 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/14/2007 04:44 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>> how do you control the TV over the serial port?
>> They are kind enough to provide the programming information for the
>> protocol they use on the serial port in their user guide.
>
> And so does my TV's manufacturer.  My question, though, is what app
> you're using to control it.  I haven't yet found one I can use
> "out-of-the-box" nor have I found the time to write one myself.

I just extended my own home automation system I wrote. It does X10 (CM12
and W800 amongst other stuff) which is all serial, so adding one more
serial thing was easy. It's written in C++ with embedded python for
scripting and supports distributed operation.

To interface to the screensaver I just have a small perl script that
pipes in "xscreensaver-command -watch" and sends messages to the
automation server when events happen.

Cheers,

Martin.