[mythtv] Softpad branch again

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 27 17:14:40 UTC 2007

Patrick Nichols wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm in a bit of a pickle with my mythtv setup due to lack of updates
> to the softpad branch.
>
> I've just purchased a frontend for use with minimyth, and have got it
> set up easily.  But I can't find a version of minimyth which supports
> 0.20 protocol version 30 - the latest supported by the softpad branch.
> (Minimyth is available from protocol version 31-> current svn version
> compatible)
>
> Since the current fixes version of 0.20 is protocol version 31, I'm
> making a request (as nicely as I can, I'm relying on goodwill here) to
> do one of a few things:
>
>  - merge release-0-20-fixes branch back into the softpad branch
>  - merge the current latest trunk back into the softpad branch
>  - merge softpad into the current trunk version
>
> I realise this will probably be quite a bit of work, however for users
> in Australia the softpad branch is a blessing.  I've had no problems
> whatsoever using it.
>
> For me personally, softpad is the killer feature for mythtv, without it
> I find it very frustrating.  I mean, I bought the extra tuner cards so
> it could use all of them to record as much before and after as possible
> - not to sit idly by while the first tuner records all the shows
> stripping off all global pre-roll and post-roll times.
>
> Please, please, please help me out here.

I cannot comment on the softpad branch. However, I can comment on MiniMyth.

The MiniMyth build system has been set up to make it easy to build
MiniMyth with different versions of MythTV. It already supports building
with MythTV 0.19 fixes (known as stable19), 0.20 fixes (known as
stable20) and SVN (known as svn). I added support for building with
MythTV 0.20 fixes just before the change to protocol version 31 (known
as stable20p30). I have uploaded a build to the MiniMyth test download
directory built with this version. You can find it here:
<http://linpvr.org/minimyth/download/test/0.20p30-22b7/>.