[mythtv] Softpad branch again

Patrick Nichols myth at panic.id.au
Sat Jan 27 11:21:15 UTC 2007

Hi

I'm in a bit of a pickle with my mythtv setup due to lack of updates
to the softpad branch.

I've just purchased a frontend for use with minimyth, and have got it
set up easily.  But I can't find a version of minimyth which supports
0.20 protocol version 30 - the latest supported by the softpad branch.
(Minimyth is available from protocol version 31-> current svn version
compatible)

Since the current fixes version of 0.20 is protocol version 31, I'm
making a request (as nicely as I can, I'm relying on goodwill here) to
do one of a few things:

 - merge release-0-20-fixes branch back into the softpad branch
 - merge the current latest trunk back into the softpad branch
 - merge softpad into the current trunk version

I realise this will probably be quite a bit of work, however for users
in Australia the softpad branch is a blessing.  I've had no problems
whatsoever using it.

For me personally, softpad is the killer feature for mythtv, without it
I find it very frustrating.  I mean, I bought the extra tuner cards so
it could use all of them to record as much before and after as possible
- not to sit idly by while the first tuner records all the shows
stripping off all global pre-roll and post-roll times.

Please, please, please help me out here.

Regards,
Patrick.