[mythtv] CAM reset needed

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:33:10 UTC 2007

On 1/20/07, Rudy Zijlstra <mythtv at edsons.demon.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm finding that after using the CAM in a recording for about 1 hour or
> more, i appear to need to reset the CAM. I've seen some strange
> behaviour in tha past days and started testing yesterday and today. Each
> time the what i see is that after watching an encrypted channel for a
> while (seems to be >1hour), changing to another channel results in no
> decryption (status LMSc in stead of LMSC). Each time this happens, if i
> restart the backend the problem is solved and decryption works again.
>
> Would it be an idea to reset the CAM after each recording / before each
> tune?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rudy

I still have similar problems, although it has improved recently
(running 12465), I sometimes have to restart the backend to get cam
working, while its not the best solution the option to completely
reset the cam on channel change would be a huge improvement!

I tried to make a patch to do it but I didnt get very far :(

Andy