[mythtv] CAM reset needed

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sat Jan 20 11:22:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm finding that after using the CAM in a recording for about 1 hour or
more, i appear to need to reset the CAM. I've seen some strange
behaviour in tha past days and started testing yesterday and today. Each
time the what i see is that after watching an encrypted channel for a
while (seems to be >1hour), changing to another channel results in no
decryption (status LMSc in stead of LMSC). Each time this happens, if i
restart the backend the problem is solved and decryption works again.

Would it be an idea to reset the CAM after each recording / before each
tune?

Cheers,

Rudy