[mythtv] Importing channels.conf file does not work

Remy Bohmer l.pinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 21:26:27 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I am trying to import an existing channels.conf file in mythtvsetup
that I have generated with scandvb on FC6.

On Myth 0.20 it worked, but I used revision 12318 for a while and in
that version it was already broken, and the latest revision does not
have it fixed yet.

What happens is that for each channel a message is displayed on the
terminal like
2007-01-08 21:58:12.272 Imported channel: NED1 4011 -1  on 12515000
auto a auto auto a a auto a h
but no channel is actually loaded into the database, and after
importing mythsetup starts tuning for channels, which it does not have
to with a channels.conf file. (Attached I have put the file I try to
import... DVB-S)

So, Is there anyone that recognises this problem, and know what to do with it?

I like to know this first before I put in a lot of time investigating
(=binary searching) which revision caused the problem for the first
time...

Kind Regards,

Remy Böhmer