[mythtv] UK Freeview "Playback"

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Jan 5 12:39:19 UTC 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 13:19, Chris Birkinshaw wrote:
> Mythtv is almost compliant, aside from a few areas:
>
> 1. Series linking and split events (I have seen people are already
> working on this)
> 2. Recording back to back events should not register a conflict (this
> was mentioned ages ago on this list - has it been looked at?)

I'm working on this ATM.

> 3. Recording start and stop needs to be controlled by the EITpf. i.e.
> start recording when the event to be recorded becomes the EITpf
> Present event, and stop when it disappears from the EITpf.

I hope they use the running status of the event to indicate that. If
that's the case I had a PoC patch for it before I deleted it
accidentially. It's not hard and I'll redo it once I'm finished with my
current tasks.

> Going on
> the billed time is not enough, as if a channel is running late the
> EITpf update will be delayed by the channel playout automation
> system. I have mentioned this loads of time on this list but never
> got any answer to my question.

I can't remember reading such questions in the last year but I mentioned
my PoC patch here and on IRC. The last status I heard for UK was that
using running status is planned but not live (last summer).

Janne