[mythtv] MythTV on Windows build script - pre-alpha

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 02:42:16 UTC 2007

> Great! I think this is the most logical next step.
>
> FYI: I use combined cygwin/mingw environment, this allows me to use
> command line (that is, scriptable) version of some tools not available
> otherwise (e.g. I don'I use tortoise svn, I use cygwin svn), it might be
> worth considering in developing your script.

In the script, I currently have a [exec] action that allows executing any
"dos mode" commands/actions (and by separating them with && you can string
DOS commands together) , and I have a [shell] action that allows executing
any "unix mode" command/actions inside a msys /bin/bash shell.   The two of
these together seem to be doing fairly well so far without cygwin, so I'll
try to stick that way, for now.

Personally, I also use some of the gnuwin32 projects binaries, but I'm
hoping to avoid adding more dependancies unless unavoidable, so I'll just
stick with the tools available in msys/ming for now.

FInally, I do expect that that we'll need to get a win32 command-line svn
client added into the mix in the not to distant future.  It's one of those
"unavoidable" ones.  :-)

Buzz.