[mythtv] MythTV on Windows build script - pre-alpha

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:18:34 UTC 2007

All,
Just wanted to let the Win32 interested parties know I'm working on a build
script for Windows that will be aiming to replicate all the steps found in:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Windows_Port

So far, I have it downloading, extracting, and compiling 90% of the archives
automatically. it's not doing any patching/etc yet.

It's still a real "work-in-progress", and is not truly usable to actually
complete a full build with, but I thought that there are others out there
that might benefit from it.

It's a perl script, just like the OSX one is, so you need to have perl
installed.   I recommend Activestate perl for windows (
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.8/ActivePerl-5.8.8.822-MSWin32-x86-280952.msi
 )

I'd be interested in getting this put into SVN 'contrib' like the
OSX-packager.pl - how would the core developers feel about this?  ( I guess
you'll want to see the code first, so I've opened a new trac ticket to
attach the code to: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4397 )

Buzz.