[mythtv] Getting started with the OpenGL video renderer

Andrei Tanas andrei at tanas.ca
Fri Dec 14 15:38:31 UTC 2007

> The video renderer setup is global across all frontends using the
> same master backend, so when in the editor we don't which renders
> are available on the other frontends. It however, might be a good
> idea to indicate which renderers are available on the current
> frontend by making them bold/green in the comboboxes and labels.

As far as I can tell, it's not really global (see table below), each host
has its own copy. Otherwise it would have been impossible to run frontends
with different hardware/OS. I have two Linux frontends and plan to be able
to run Windows frontends as needed (on my laptop for example), so far, the
settings did not conflict between the frontends.

select * from displayprofilegroups;
+---------+--------------------------------+----------------+
| name    | hostname                       | profilegroupid |
+---------+--------------------------------+----------------+
| CPU++   | htpc                           |              1 |
| CPU+    | htpc                           |              2 |
| CPU--   | htpc                           |              3 |
| CPU++   | htpc2                          |              4 |
| CPU+    | htpc2                          |              5 |
| CPU--   | htpc2                          |              6 |
| CPU++   | dt2                            |              7 |
| CPU+    | dt2                            |              8 |
| CPU--   | dt2                            |              9 |
| CPU++   | srv                            |             17 |
| Default | jus00spc854804                 |             16 |