[mythtv] Getting started with the OpenGL video renderer

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 14 14:25:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 23:11 -0500, Andrei Tanas wrote:
> > > VideoOutputXv: Desired video renderer 'opengl' not available.
> > > codec 'MPEG2' makes 'xv-blit,xshm,xlib,' available, using 'xv-blit'
> > > instead.
> > >
> > > What am I missing? Output of `glxgears -info` follows this e-mail.
> >
> > The rpm's are probably not built with --enable-opengl-video
>
> This brings out another point - why does globalsettings.cpp show all
> "possible" video renderers, not just those that are compiled in? In the
> MinGW port I tried to change that but it got rejected. It's kind of
> confusing to see OpenGL renderer option when it's not really there or to see
> all xv/xshm etc options on Windows.

The video renderer setup is global across all frontends using the
same master backend, so when in the editor we don't which renders
are available on the other frontends. It however, might be a good
idea to indicate which renderers are available on the current
frontend by making them bold/green in the comboboxes and labels.

-- Daniel