[mythtv] RFC: Expanded playgroup settings

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Fri Dec 7 10:00:41 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 3. Dezember 2007 schrieb Kevin Kuphal:
> This is a short patch that I'm working on currently that adds the
> ability to set the Video Scan method in a Playgroup in order to, for
> example, force interlacing for stations that broadcast a mix of
> progressive and interlaced frames which throws off the Auto-detector.

i don't like this way cause of too many variables i need to configure
for something which the player should decide.

In my last patch (trac ticket #4268) i've changed the behaviour a bit
for all "double process" deinterlacers. Now each frame will be passed
to the deinterlacer (whether or not it was an interlaced frame). This
was needed to preserve the frame historie for the deinterlacer. This
way you have no problems with stations which broadcasts a mix of
interlaced and progressive frames(all of them are passed to the deint
and interlaced will be deinterlaced).

Now there is another problem, badly flagged frames (flagged progressive
but is interlaced). The frame will be passed to the deint but he
decides not to deinterlace. I would prefer here a variable (in struct
frame) which enforce deinterlacing. For adaptive deinterlacers there is
nearly no variation in quality if he deinterlace progressive frames
too.
To preserve a user decision we can enable/disable the enforce flag
inside video profiles for each profile. Then you can disable it if you
don't like the behaviour.
Comments?

--
Markus Schulz