[mythtv] Question regarding LIRC support and gContext->getCurrentLocation()

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue May 30 13:15:43 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 13:43, Navaho Gunleg wrote:
> > So just rebind the keys. E.G. Bind D in the Teletext Menu context to
> > whatever action you want and to Delete in the other contexts.
>
> Well, that's just it. As I mentioned, remapping would indeed solve it,
> but I do not want to touch the default key-assignments -- these work
> fine for me when I /do/ use the keyboard.

Sorry didn't actually read that far.

I'd suggest that if changes were made to the lirc support that it would be a
good idea to map directly to Myth actions instead of keys. It's been
discussed in the past, I didn't pay much attention at the time but I seem to
recall some resistance to that idea. Still it would allow both  keyboard and
remote to be configured differently without a making lirc configuration too
complicated. It would even be easier to code (he says without actually
looking at the current stuff).

It would also be nice to see remote key config brought under Myth's own UI,
much like MythControls allows now for keyboard config.

I'm not suggesting that you do both these things, I'm just raising them for
discussion. I might even do it myself when I've finished my other tasks.
--
Stuart Morgan