[mythtv] diseqc

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri May 26 16:35:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 11:56 -0400, Yeasah Pell wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> >>1) My friend Steve suggested that it would be better if the backend knew
> >>about the last position it set motors to in a persistent fashion, i.e.
> >I don't think this is really worth it, you have to wait anyway because
> >some other application might have changed the position.
> That was what I said at first too, but then I realized that if you have
> myth running in the mode where it closes the dvb device when not in use,
> you have exactly the same situation -- the dvb frontend is closed, and
> thus other applications can mess with it in the interim. I would hate to
> see the motor have to assume it's starting from timbuktu every time the
> dvb device was re-opened.
I think it is safe to assume that the device is not in timbuktu
while mythbackend is running. DVBChannel is in the closed state,
it is not deleted, when functioning in this mode; so you can keep
the state there. I figure if anyone is using other programs with
a MythTV device while mythbackend is running is playing with
fire anyway... The backend machine shouldn't be restarted too
often normally. When it is, it's good to assume nothing so that
restarting the backend can function as a full reset.

-- Daniel