[mythtv] diseqc

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Fri May 26 15:56:49 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 11:21 -0400, Yeasah Pell wrote:
>

>>Two other things I haven't yet implemented, but are worth thinking about:
>>
>>1) My friend Steve suggested that it would be better if the backend knew
>>about the last position it set motors to in a persistent fashion, i.e.
>>

>I don't think this is really worth it, you have to wait anyway because
>some other application might have changed the position.

That was what I said at first too, but then I realized that if you have
myth running in the mode where it closes the dvb device when not in use,
you have exactly the same situation -- the dvb frontend is closed, and
thus other applications can mess with it in the interim. I would hate to
see the motor have to assume it's starting from timbuktu every time the
dvb device was re-opened. And as long as I'm putting that sort of
functionality in, I figure it might as well be persistent, on the theory
that it's much more likely that the assumption that the motor hasn't
been changed since the last backend run is way more likely than the
assumption that the motor has, and anyway the result of assuming that
the motor hasn't been externally changed isn't any different than what
we have now -- the motor command would still be issued, and the motor
would eventually get to the right place, but the percent complete
indicator wouldn't be accurate in this (probably unlikely) case.