[mythtv] EIT and EPG

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Tue Jun 27 21:07:16 UTC 2006

> > 5. We only have now and next information over EIT here, but on Austar
> > (DVB-S) there is also an EPG channel that I guess carries 7 days of
> > information. Is this likely to be in a standard format and can/will it
> > be used by mythtv?
>
> It's likely be in a standard format, although some sat providers have
> been known to either, encrypt it, compress it, or use their own format.
>
> That said, there are already fixups in place to "adjust" the Austar
> EIT data into suitable shape for myth, so the eit scanner should be
> able to get data from those epg channels.
>

> Stuart

That's the same here in the Netherlands (DVB-s) Now and next is over EIT and
the full epg is on a separate EPG channel. Here this is called Media HighWay
EPG and is used by the Canal Digital Group for several country's.

If support for this type of EPG could go on the EIT rewrite do to list. This
would be highly appreciated by dutch DVB-s Viewers.

Wim