[mythtv] Way of calling FORCE_DELETE_RECORDING

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 9 02:10:32 UTC 2006

On 08/08/2006 01:16 PM, John Johnson wrote:

>Jochen Kühner wrote:
>

>>when i was walking through the source, i think that this command expires
>>recordings from my list even when the file is not there any more.
>>(because i had a harddrive crash and i have many recordings in my db
>>which are not there any more, but the auto expire doesn't delete them)
>>
>>but i don't know how to run this command??? is there a menuitem for it
>>in the frontend??? can i do it like mythbackend --forcedelete or is it
>>there and not used (so that i have to write my own program!)
>>

>This program cleans up the recordings directory, database, etc. and
>works for me:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/qv7vu

Why use a default thumbnail?  Thumbnails will be generated on demand
(i.e. when you scroll over a program in the Watch Recordings screen when
you've enabled display of thumbnail previews or when you go to the
Recorded Programs page in MythWeb).

If Myth can't create a thumbnail, there's a configuration problem that
should be fixed (i.e. permissions issue on the directory or ...).

Also, I wasn't sure what the "same basename, but more than one
extension" stuff was for.  That shouldn't generally happen.  (And,
anyway, the basename field in the database stores the filename
/including/ extension, so it shouldn't hurt anything.)

Mike