[mythtv] Way of calling FORCE_DELETE_RECORDING

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Wed Aug 9 23:19:26 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/08/2006 01:16 PM, John Johnson wrote:
>
>> This program cleans up the recordings directory, database, etc. and
>> works for me:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/qv7vu
>>

> Why use a default thumbnail?  Thumbnails will be generated on demand
> If Myth can't create a thumbnail, there's a configuration problem that
> should be fixed (i.e. permissions issue on the directory or ...).

... or zero length files, or files that are too short, etc. In the
meantime, it takes /forever/ to scroll through the recorded programs
because Myth tries several times to make the thumbnails.

> Also, I wasn't sure what the "same basename, but more than one
> extension" stuff was for.  That shouldn't generally happen.  (And,
> anyway, the basename field in the database stores the filename
> /including/ extension, so it shouldn't hurt anything.)

Right. Unless a file is transcoded, and the database doesn't get
updated, or something of that sort.

The whole idea of a maintenance utility (fsck, mysqlcheck, xfs_repair,
etc.) is to deal with the corner cases, not what shouldn't generally happen.

Regards,
   JJ