[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Thu Apr 6 10:33:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:57 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:40:30AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> > What I'd like to do is:
> > 	If channel in [7,9,10]:
> > 	    if time > 23:00:
> > 	        start-=10
> > 	        end+=20
> > 	    else:
> > 	        start-=5
> > 	        end+=10
> > 	If previousProgram('Rove Live'):
> > 	        end+=20
> >
> > I could hard code it in C++ or even imbed Python.  But would like it to
> > be acceptable for SVN inclusion.  Any suggestions on how user can specify
> > such rules would be appreciated.  Maybe SQL.
>
> The logical way to do it would be to add channel specific start early
> and end late settings to the channel table, then pull them in in
> AddNewRecords.  I suspect such a change would cause ripple effects
> elsewhere, though, probably in the ability to change the end time of
> an in-progress recording.
>
> Alternatively, search the archives for "soft3.patch".  It was an
> experimental patch to add soft padding for you Aussies.  There was an
> initial report that it didn't work as intended so the effort was
> abandoned.  That report is now suspected to have been bogus.  FYI,
> that patch will almost certainly not apply cleanly anymore.

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

Found http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/155137 and I do like to
"soft3.patch".

What if we add RecordPreRoll/RecordOverTime as part of the scheduler.  Replace
softstartoffset/softendoffset with RecordPreRoll/RecordOverTime in the patch.
Add a disable soft so Max Barry can see his conflicts.  Add a column to
Channels table for enabling RecordPreRoll/RecordOverTime.  And add
CategoryOverTime as well to the scheduler.

Will this break other peoples use?

The channels seem to start on time a 6:00am and drift further off time until
resyned at 6:00am.  Minor problem that I can look at later.

Thanks again,
Paul