[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 01:57:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:40:30AM +1000, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> What I'd like to do is:
> 	If channel in [7,9,10]:
> 	    if time > 23:00:
> 	        start-=10
> 	        end+=20
> 	    else:
> 	        start-=5
> 	        end+=10
> 	If previousProgram('Rove Live'):
> 	        end+=20
>
> I could hard code it in C++ or even imbed Python.  But would like it to be
> acceptable for SVN inclusion.  Any suggestions on how user can specify such
> rules would be appreciated.  Maybe SQL.

The logical way to do it would be to add channel specific start early
and end late settings to the channel table, then pull them in in
AddNewRecords.  I suspect such a change would cause ripple effects
elsewhere, though, probably in the ability to change the end time of
an in-progress recording.

Alternatively, search the archives for "soft3.patch".  It was an
experimental patch to add soft padding for you Aussies.  There was an
initial report that it didn't work as intended so the effort was
abandoned.  That report is now suspected to have been bogus.  FYI,
that patch will almost certainly not apply cleanly anymore.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net