[mythtv] HD-3000 and changes from 18.1 to SVN

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Thu Oct 27 01:30:43 UTC 2005

Sorry for the delay.  Work has just been hell for the last week.  So now back to
working on MythTV.  :)

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 10:49 -0600, Chris Dos wrote:
>
>>>After enabling XvMC, I'm still receiving dropped frames:  The log
>>>messages are totally different now:
>>>
>>>NVP: Audio is 3.58185 frames ahead of video,
>>>                        doubling video frame interval.
>>>NVP: Audio is 4.69679 frames ahead of video,
>>>                        doubling video frame interval.
>>>AFD: positionMap[ 216 ] == 250758160.
>>>
>>>It doesn't say it's diverging anymore.  But the results seem to be the
>>>same.
>
> You are not getting dropped frames anymore, this is saying that the
> audio is ahead of video, not the other way around. This is probably
> because you aren't using a good sync method like OpenGL VSync, or the
> field-rate of the video does not match the frame-rate of your screen.
> This is nothing to worry about, it is just slowing down the video
> display to keep lip sync.

Okay, after updating svn to 7600, something magical happend.  I can play HD
using libmpeg2.  My processor runs at about 80%, but at least I can use HD now
with SVN.

I'm using these configure options:
--arch=k8
--enable-mmx
--extra-cflags="-O3 -march=k8 -fomit-frame-pointer "
--extra-cxxflags="-march=k8 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer "

Using XvMC is still having problems.  It's still running in slightly slow
motion.  It still looses about 3-5 frames a second.  My xorg modeline is set for
1280x720 at 59.94 vertical refresh (xvidtune confirms this).  Though DVI my
Samsung DLP is supposed to always display 720p.

Notes from the frontend log:

AFD: Looking for decoder for MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC
AFD: Opened codec 0x8da96c0, id(MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC) type(Video)
Estimated bitrate = 8000
* Does this mean the estimated bitrate that the buffer needs?  I'm running 24360
right now.

VideoOutputXv: ctor
* I don't know what ctor means.

VideoOutputXv: Pixel dimensions: Screen 1280x720, window 1280x720
VideoOutputXv: Estimated display dimensions: 325x183 mm Aspect: 1.77596
VideoOutputXv: Estimated window dimensions: 325x183 mm Aspect: 1.77596
VideoOutputXv: XvMC version: 1.0
VideoOutputXv: @ j=1 Looking for flag[s]: XvInputMask
XvMCSurfaceTypes::find(w 1920, h 1088, chroma 1, vld 0, idct 1, mpeg2, sub-width
0, sub-height 0, disp, p<= 240, 2400 <=p, port, surfNum)
Trying XvMC port 240
Found a suitable XvMC surface 0
VideoOutputXv: XvMC surface found with IDCT support on port 240
Image size. dispxoff 0, dispyoff: 0, dispwoff: 1280, disphoff: 720
Image size. imgx 0, imgy: 0, imgw: 1920, imgh: 1080
* So it looks like XvMC created a 1280x720 screen and the signal that I was
trying to watch was 1920x1080.  Shouldn't that in reality be 1920x540?

nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this driver?
DRMVideoSync: Could not open device /dev/dri/card0, No such file or directory
OpenGLVideoSync: GLX extensions: GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating
GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGI_swap_control
GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_NV_float_buffer GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
Using OpenGLVideoSync
Set video sync frame interval to 33366
Using audio as timebase
Video timing method: SGI OpenGL
Refresh rate: 16683, frame interval: 33366
* It says it's using OpenVLVideoSync.  But I don't understand what value's the
refresh rate and frame intervals tell me.

Do these log snippets provide any information that might point to the cause of
my problem?  Thanks again for your time in looking at this.

	Chris