[mythtv] HD-3000 and changes from 18.1 to SVN

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Oct 19 21:34:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 10:49 -0600, Chris Dos wrote:
> > After enabling XvMC, I'm still receiving dropped frames:  The log
> > messages are totally different now:
> >
> > NVP: Audio is 3.58185 frames ahead of video,
> >                         doubling video frame interval.
> > NVP: Audio is 4.69679 frames ahead of video,
> >                         doubling video frame interval.
> > AFD: positionMap[ 216 ] == 250758160.
> >
> > It doesn't say it's diverging anymore.  But the results seem to be the
> > same.
You are not getting dropped frames anymore, this is saying that the
audio is ahead of video, not the other way around. This is probably
because you aren't using a good sync method like OpenGL VSync, or the
field-rate of the video does not match the frame-rate of your screen.
This is nothing to worry about, it is just slowing down the video
display to keep lip sync.

> Can I copy the source files that control the HD-3000 playback from my working
> 18.1 to my SVN download, compile and test if it works?  If so, which files do I
> need to copy into my source tree?
This won't work, and I don't know what files could be causing the
problem. What are the symptoms of your problem now?

-- Daniel