[mythtv] Reinitialze Audio Output Device on LiveTV Channel Change

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Nov 30 09:03:25 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 21:59 +1100, Lyall wrote:
> Hi All,
> However, when changing channels in livetv the audio channel is not
> re-opened, the new stream is simply passed down the original channel,
> resulting in a decoding error on the amplifier.
> Can anyone offer some advice on how I might get the audio channel to
> re-initialize on a channel change ?
I can't really offer any advice, but I just wanted to encourage your
efforts. The lack of audio reinit on channel change causes problems
with AC3<->MP3 changes as well. There is a ReinitAudio() method in the
NVP, you might start by checking that it is being called, and if so
check whether the things it does are sufficient.

-- Daniel