[mythtv] Autoexpire doesn't remove LiveTV files

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Nov 24 08:37:36 EST 2005

David Raine wrote:

>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:09:52 -0800, BP wrote:
>> > Does this mean live tv files will not get cleaned up if I have
>> auto-expire
>> > disabled?  I do not trust a computer to decide which recordings I
>> wish to
>> > keep and those I do not.  If I miss a recording due to lack of
>> space, it's
>> > my fault.  That is my preference.
>> >
>> > Seems rather annoying if I will now have to do manual maintenance
>> of all
>> > the live tv files.
>> >
>> > Anyone else fall in to this use case?
Just wanted to add my two cents and agree, I have auto-expire turned off
globally, and I don't see the LiveTV stuff getting deleted either. It's
not a huge deal, since only my daughter really uses it, but still, it's
a pain to go through and find and delete them. Even a 'Delete LiveTV
files' button somewhere would be nice.

Tom