[mythtv] Idea for interlaced playback.

Bjorn Konestabo bjornko at math.uio.no
Thu Nov 24 07:39:44 EST 2005

Terence Tan wrote:

>For displaying interlaced content, that's gotta be bad, since that
>would swap the even and odd fields, right...?

I guess, if we're talking about an offset by one, and not a scaling
error, which would
be even worse for interlaced video. But right now the video overlay
window is so
blurred that it hardly matters. I've spent some time trying to set one
of the other xv adaptors
as default, but it seems this has to be done by the client. In this case
myth.
The NV05 Video Blitter cannot scale like the overlay can, but I'm
thinking that's
a good thing. :) There's also an xv adaptor called "NV17 Video Texture",
which I'm guessing
uses the 3D hardware. If that has the same quality as mplayers gl output
it would be perfect.