[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7983 by danielk

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Nov 22 16:00:00 EST 2005

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 21:29 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>
>> To fix this i always have to go to the osd menu and change aspect
>> ratio manualy to 16:9.
> Right, when you do this you don't actually override the video aspect
> ratio but you select a letterbox mode which has a similar effect.

Maybe it's just me, but isn't leterbox when you have black borders at the
top and bottom? Let's say an analog 4:3 recording with black bars at top and
bottom that you then can zoom in to make it fit a widescreen tv?
That's not what i have on the dvb recording with too wide font.

> The video aspect ratio should be automatically detected from the
> sequence header in the mpeg stream.

My guess is that it probably detects the video aspect ratio, but doesn't
actualy change how it's displayed.
(there is a short pause at the point where it was supposed to switch)

> Is this an analog broadcast?
>
> -- Daniel

No, widescreen dvb (16:9) no black bars in the picture that's sent.
But the begining is 4:3 and then it is supposed to switch to 16:9 but that
doesn't happen.