[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7983 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Nov 23 15:36:43 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 22:00 +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> Maybe it's just me, but isn't leterbox when you have black borders at the
> top and bottom?
Anything using the "Aspect" menu applies a letterboxing mode in MythTV,
this includes modes that add or remove black borders on the top and
bottom or left and right.

> > The video aspect ratio should be automatically detected from the
> > sequence header in the mpeg stream.
> My guess is that it probably detects the video aspect ratio, but doesn't
> actualy change how it's displayed.
> (there is a short pause at the point where it was supposed to switch)
You could test this by putting a "VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "varc: "<<aspect);"
macro in VideoOutput::VideoAspectRatioChanged()...

-- Daniel