[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Mon Nov 21 16:30:36 EST 2005

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
>>     ...until I saw this.  [7964] fixed the "Deadlock detected!" I was
>> getting.
>>
> Just to be clear..it is working ok for you so far?

    Yes, using r7964 it seems to be working as it should (cutting
properly and not displaying the deadlock message at the end), but
running from the command line.  I have not had a chance to try it
automatically as a job.
>> -        if (useCutlist && !found_infile)
>> +        if (useCutlist && deleteMap.isEmpty())
>>              pginfo->GetCutList(deleteMap);
>>
> You can't do this.  If a file is specified, that means that there is
> no pginfo, so no way to look up the cutlist.

    Oh you're right.  It should say:

if (useCutlist && pginfo && deleteMap.isEmpty())

The code above it uses the passed file basename to lookup the pginfo
based on splitting the filename by regex.  Of course, this will break if
the filename pattern changes but it does work now.
> be aware, that there is a hole between (b) and (c).  If you are NOT
> running from the job-queue, your position-map will still be updated
> when mythtranscode runs.  This means if you try to watch teh recording
> after trasncoding but before replacing the old version with the
> transcoded one, you'll get very strange response.

    Ah I didn't notice that.  I actually did a comflag --rebuild after,
then replaced the file myself when I tested.
> The interface could certainly be cleaned up to make everyone happy,
> but I think the ROI is very low.  Better to spend my time fixing bugs
> and adding features.
    You are absolutely right.  It does already look up the pginfo using
the basename though... :)