[mythtv] Good work on the DVB/ATSC live TV!

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:41:30 EST 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 09:22, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> I just want to send a brief thank-you to all of those who have been working
> on improved ATSC / DVB support, especially Daniel. I've just upgraded to
> SVN 7671 and I'm very impressed with how well Live TV works even when
> reception fails. For the first time, MythTV does not crash or hang when it
> tries to tune to a channel that's unavailable, making it much easier to
> experiment with US broadcast HDTV and its unreliable channels.
>
> As the U.S. Congress holds yet another hearing today on Broadcast Flag
> proposals, thanks for a great way to demonstrate how well flag-free TV can
> be used. (Hearing details at <
> http://www.publicknowledge.org/news/events/20051103-house-hearing>.)
>
> --Wendy
>
> --
> Wendy Seltzer
> http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/
> http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/
> http://www.chillingeffects.org/

I wish I could echo these sentiments, but I can't. I'm currently trying to
setup a new system with 7738 using my HD3000 with my HD via my cable line
(QAM_256 HRC). Previously I used
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/150118#150118 to get it
setup and it worked like a charm, this was near the begining of Oct(don't
remember what SVN). Now when I scan it randomly picks up stations I have,
never all, and so far missing quite a few of the mplexid/frequencies I need.
I don't know how the scanning process works, but for QAM_256/HRC it still
needs some work.

Now on to figure out how to get it to correctly populate my dtv_multiplex so I
can add my channels...

Steve