Proposal: PHP Gallery 2.0 integration with mythgallery (was Re: [mythtv] New mythgallery gl transition patch (Going OT PHP Gallery...))

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Nov 6 19:16:15 EST 2005

Dave Just wrote:
> Me too!  Another voice of encouragement: using the RSS feed from
> Gallery sounds like an excellent idea.

Well I spent a little while looking at the RSS thing for Gallery 2, and
realised that there isn't an official RSS feed generator module yet!!!

I found one here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gallery-contrib/rss/ but it
doens't seem to return a full heirarchy of the gallery, just individual
images.

I had previously assumed that the RSS feed was just like viewing the
gallery itself, and we'd be able to follow the links in the feeds as if
navigating down the heirarchy. Unfortunatly I can't seem to make this
module do that. The functionality may be there somewhere, so I'll look
into the code a bit and see if I can figure it out.

Failing the feed as a workable solutions, I'll take a look at the remote
protocol built into G2.

Failing that there is an XML-RPC based interface module that should do
the job.

Col